Education and training aims to provide a sustainable and responsive health workforce committed to high quality and safe health outcomes. The Pyrenees House Education Centre offers an extensive range of education and training programs linking directly to the efficiency and effectiveness of the health workforce. These programs are supported by the Executive and Management team, allowing for their successful implementation and the ongoing growth in our value of a “Learning Culture”.
- Mandatory training
- Training targeted to various workgroups, departments and disciplines
- Inservice education
- Online training
- Victorian Regional Health Service Elearning Network (ReHSeN)
- Clinical Skills workshops
- Highway Model of Education
- Career progression pathways
- Graduate Nurse program
- Graduate Nursing Program
- Grampians Regional Collaborative Graduate Nursing and Midwifery Program
- Clinical placement undergraduate students
- Allied Health – Therapy
- Allied Health – Science
- Health Information Management
- Diploma of Nursing delivered in partnership with ACU College (formerly ACU.com)
ACU College are continuing to deliver the Diploma of Nursing at East Grampians Health service in Ararat from July 2018.
The Course will be delivered in the Nursing & Education Student Training (NEST) facility over 18 months (full-time), 4 days per week commencing July 2018 and clinical placement will take place within EGHS and other Hospitals in the Grampians region.
All enquiries relating to the Diploma of Nursing and to register for Entrance Testing should be directed to ACUcom by phone on 9953 3321, email firstname.lastname@example.org or to Training and Development Manager, Claire Sladdin on 5352 9404, email email@example.com
Entrance Testing Dates will be held in Pyrenees House on the following dates:
Tues 6 March
Tues 10 April
Mon 23 April
Mon 7 May
This is a wonderful opportunity for local people from regional areas to gain formal nursing qualifications with the potential for employment with EGHS on completion.