East Grampians Health Service serves our local community’s dental needs at our modern 4 chair Dental Clinic located at the Community Centre in Girdlestone Street, Ararat. Clinic hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
East Grampians is a teaching clinic of Latrobe University. Dental students provide free emergency and some general dental services to all eligible clients; they are supervised by an experienced dentist
Our services include:
- Early Childhood Oral Health Program
- School Dental Program
- Youth Dental Program
- General Adult Dental Services
- Emergency Dental
- General & Denture Adult Services
Eligibility & Fees
Children (Dental Services are available for all children from ages 0-12)
Services are FREE for children who are Health Care (HCC) or Pensioner Concession (PCC) card holders or dependents of HCC or PCC card holders
- A one-off cost of $31.00 applies for non-card holders for a complete course of care
- No fees for Emergency appointments
- There are no waiting lists for children and they are recalled every 12, 18 or 24 months depending on the child’s risk of dental disease
Students in secondary school or those who have left school and are under-18 years old, who are Health Care Card holders or dependants of Health Card/Concession Card holders are eligible for free treatment
- Youth over 13 years of age who do not have a Health Care or Pension Concession Card or are dependants of HCC or PCC are not eligible for the service
- There are no waiting lists for youth care
All adults who are Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card holders are eligible for dental treatment.
Waiting lists and fees apply:
- $26.00 per visit applies. There is a maximum of $104.00 for general dental care
- $26.00 flat fee for emergency appointments
- Dentures are a separate cost: $63.00 per denture
Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders, newly-arrived refugees, asylum seekers and clients that belong to a funded, agency-specific Special Needs Program have priority access to the Oral Health Program.
- A current Health Care Card or Concession card is required for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Documents regarding refugee status are required to access services
- There are no fees
Pregnant women who hold a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card are also eligible for priority access. These patients will incur the normal fees for treatment.
Please inform the reception staff if you are eligible for priority access.
Waiting lists may apply for restorative (fillings) and prosthetic (denture) treatments.
Please contact the Dental Clinic on 5352 9327.
How Can I get more information?
The Dental Health Services Victoria hot-line will answer your questions about public dental services including your closest public dental clinic. Phone: 1300 360 054 (for the cost of a local call).